Population Served: Management and Employees
Program Designed for Release of Stress and Boosting of Positive Emotions
For thousands of years, cultures from all over the world have used hand drumming as a way to express creativity and experience the benefits of rhythm-based expression. In a marriage of the ancient with the contemporary, participants will experience the stress relief created through playing rhythm instruments together.
Overview of Program:
Rhythm-based wellness strategies are becoming more frequent tools used in complementary medicine. Robert Lawrence Friedman, MA, author of The Healing Power of the Drum – A Psychotherapist Explores the Healing Power of Rhythm (White Cliffs Media, 2001) and The Healing Power of the Drum II – A Journey of Rhythm and Stories (Pathway Books, 2010) was one of pioneers to introduce this burgeoning area of wellness.
This hands-on workshop will explore and demonstrate how rhythm-based wellness exercises can be used to attain psychological, emotional and physiological well-being. This program will demonstrate how rhythm-based exercises can be used as a positive and constructive stress management tool. Anecdotes, clinical data and experiential exercises will be provided.
In this program, participants will:
- Practice a wide variety of techniques and strategies for using hand drums and rhythm instruments to reduce stress-related symptoms and improve immune system function;
- Learn how to release and transform negative emotions and experience positive emotions through hand drumming;
- Explore the current clinical research on rhythm-based wellness strategies;
- Learn how rhythm-based exercises can improve communication and listening skills;
- Explore the concept of entrainment as a vehicle for experiencing stress reduction.
- Connect in creative and playful ways;
- Feel completely engaged as a group.
Value to Participants:
Participants will have a unique, engaging and stress-relieving experience.
*All drums provided and no experience is necessary.